Beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year, NSE will provide two options to teachers as follows:
- NSE – National Spanish Examinations
All registration and test administration procedures will remain unchanged from 2018.
- NSA – National Spanish Assessments
AATSP announces a new series of examinations called the National Spanish Assessments.
The National Spanish Assessments (NSA) are the non-contest version of the NSE. The NSA is valid assessment tool written from the same specifications and standards as the National Spanish Examinations.
- Registration and testing can take place throughout the academic year.
- The cost of the NSA is $3 per student.
- Each of the four modules (Interpretive Reading, Interpretive Listening, Vocabulary, and Grammar) can be administered separately.
- Each of the four modules can be administered twice and at different points in the year to show growth.
- The NSA is not part of the NSE contest, and there are no prizes nor scholarships.
- Results are available immediately through the teacher’s Quia account.
- Results are provided in points and percentages, not in percentiles.
Click here for a comparison between the NSE and the NSA.