Beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year, NSE will provide three options to teachers as follows:
- NSE – National Spanish Examinations
All registration and test administration procedures will remain unchanged from 2018.
- NSA – National Spanish Assessments
These examinations will be similar to the National Spanish Examinations with the following differences:
- Registration and testing can take place throughout the year.
- The cost of the NSA is $3 per student
- Each of the four modules can be administered separately.
- Each of the four modules can be administered twice.
- The NSA is not part of the NSE contest, and there are no prizes nor scholarships.
- Results are available immediately through the teacher’s Quia account.
- Results are provided in points and percentages, not in percentiles.
3. SEAL – Spanish Evaluation of Advanced Language
This full-proficiency examination combines the NSA exam scores, M1 (Interpretive Reading) and M2 (Interpretive listening), with the SIELE S5 scores for Presentational Speaking and Writing.
- Schools must apply to become testing centers to administer SIELE through the SIELE website.
- Approved test centers can administer other SIELE exams in addition to the SEAL exam.
- Teachers register for the SEAL exam through the NSE website using ONE online registration form.
- The cost of the SEAL Exam is $89.
- Results are generally available within three weeks of testing.
- Results are provided as a proficiency using CEFR proficiency levels.
NOTE: Correlation of CEFR levels to ACTFL levels are readily available.
Click here for a summary of the three options.