The National Spanish Assessments (NSA) are the non-contest version of the NSE which provide an additional option for testing. The NSA is valid assessment tool written from the same specifications and standards as the National Spanish Examinations.
- Registration and testing can take place throughout the academic year.
- The cost of the NSA is $3 per student.
- Each of the four modules (Interpretive Reading, Interpretive Listening, Vocabulary, and Grammar) can be administered separately.
- Each of the four modules can be administered twice and at different points in the year to show growth.
- The NSA is not part of the NSE contest, and there are no prizes nor scholarships.
- Results are available immediately through the teacher’s Quia account.
- Results are provided in points and percentages, not in percentiles.
For a comparison with other testing options such as the National Spanish Examinations or the SEAL Exam, please click here.
For information on what the National Spanish Assessments measure, click here
For information on the exam specifications, click here.