Individualized Student Testing Plan (New!)
NSE Presents: Individualized Student Testing Plans
The National Spanish Examinations recognizes the changing environment and individual needs of some of our students. An Individualized Student Testing Plan is meant to assist students who are:
- Homeschooled on a regular or part-time basis
- Co-op students
- Students who are in-between schools
- Other students with specialized needs
Students are eligible to take the National Spanish Exam and/or National Portuguese Exam provided that:
- Arrangements for the student(s) to take the exam under the supervision of a sponsoring Spanish/Portuguese teacher can be made. (The sponsoring Spanish/Portuguese must teach in an accredited institution who regularly administers the NSE/NPE and has a current AATSP membership).
- Each student taking the exam at the sponsoring school is adequately proctored.
These requirements ensure that no one can challenge the integrity of the National Spanish Exam nor the National Portuguese Exam.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian/student to find a sponsoring teacher in an accredited institution (called the sponsoring school).
- The Parent/Guardian/Student should first fill out the Individualized Student Testing Plan form.
- The NSE can send a list of potential schools where a proctor can be found if necessary.
- Once a proctor has been found – the student can be registered based on the proctor.
The deadline for Individualized Student Testing Plan registration is December 15, 2022.
You may be interested to know that all students are eligible for our non-contest version of the NSE called the National Spanish Assessment (NSA). Students are not required to locate a sponsoring teacher and you can register and proctor the exam to your student on your own. The following link is a page on our website to the NSA for your review:
National Spanish Assessments (NSA)
To register a student for the NSA, you must be a member of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP), our parent organization. Then you will become eligible to register your student for the NSA. The NSA can be given up to two times between September and June and the fees are slightly reduced since this is a non-contest proficiency exam.